If your child is entering their first year of post-secondary education at an eligible institution, he or she can enter our draw to win a $1,000.00 scholarship award from the OPPA Credit Union.
The scholarship will be awarded by a random draw and is NOT based on a cumulative GPA or community involvment. The draw is made on August 25th each year (or the first business day following this date).
How to enter
Complete the Educational Scholarship Award Application
- Attach a copy of your tuition receipt or confirmation of enrollment to the application
- Forward the completed application along with the attachment to:
OPPA Credit Union 123 Ferris Lane Barrie, ON, L4M 2Y1
Applications missing a tuition receipt or confirmation or enrollment will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions
The strategic direction of the OPPA Credit Union is to give back to the membership and provide advice in life events. The intent of the Educational Scholarship award is to provide funding for the post-secondary educational needs of our members’ children and to increase awareness of OPPA Credit Union services.
Dependent children of OPPA Credit Union members, excluding employees and board members. (Persons applying must be a member of the OPPA Credit Union at the time of the application and the draw.)
Regions, as defined by the Ontario Provincial Police, include Highway Safety Division, Northwest Region, Northeast Region, Central Region, West Region, East Region, and General Headquarters. (These regions are subject to change)
The award will only be made to an applicant enrolling in an eligible post-secondary institution as approved by the Ministry of Education and Training, such as Canadian colleges and universities and including all registered private vocational schools, accredited American universities and their affiliates, and accredited international universities and their affiliates.
- The member must contact OPPA Credit Union for an application or complete the online application.
- The applicant must be entering the first year of full-time post-secondary education at an eligible institution and must provide a copy of acceptance and proof of enrolment.
- Only one application per child is permitted. It must be received at the OPPA Credit Union by 4:30 p.m. on August 11th or the first business day following that date. The random draw will be made at the OPPA Credit Union office, supervised by the CEO or a designate, on August 25th or the first business day following that date.
- Each draw will be for $1,000.00 to be deposited into an OPPA Credit Union account in the same name of the winning child.
- Winners will be contacted to arrange the deposits and must agree to have their name published in OPPA Credit Union publications and/or on the OPPA Credit Union website.
- In the event that a winner is unable to attend an eligible institution because of 1. illness, 2. entering the armed forces or 3. any contingency approved by the OPPA Credit Union Board of Directors, the payment may be postponed and the money shall remain the property of the OPPA Credit Union Limited.